Introduction to Endnote
EndNote Desktop is a reference manager, allowing you to build a personal library of bibliographic references. References can be organised into groups witihn your library. PDFs of documents can be added to the references and annotated where appropriate.
As you prepare your documents and need to include in text citations, you can add these using the ‘Cite While You Write’ plugin which links MS Word and EndNote. Citations and final reference lists and bibliographies can be formatted and produced in different referencing styles.
In this two hour workshop you will be introduced to Endnote Desktop and given an opportunity to experiment with using it for your own reference management. This workshop would suit all staff and students who are interested in learning how to use this software.
It will cover:
- How to access Endnote Desktop
- Establishing and organising your Endnote Desktop library
- Managing and organising your references
- Importing bibliographic references from academic databases into Endnote
- Using the Cite While You Write’ plugin with Word
- Making back-ups of your Endnote Library
The workshop assumes participants have a good, basic level of IT skills including:
- naming and saving of files to a computer.
- retrieving saved files.
Related LibGuide: Reference Management by Sheena Moffat
- Thursday, November 7, 2019
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)